I made this recipe for a friend’s mom who is celiac and craving sweets. These cookies contain no gluten, just make sure you buy certified gluten-free ingredients. The recipe itself is extremely adaptable and goes well with just about any combo of ingredients and add-ins!
Absolutely Everything (except flour!) Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs (or 4 egg whites, and 1 whole egg)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped peanuts, walnuts, pecans (or 1 cup flaked coconut)
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (or M&Ms!)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl beat peanut butter and butter until well mixed. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and baking soda and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in the oats, nuts and chocolate.
- For chewier cookies – let dough chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. For crunchier cookies, skip this and just get straight to the baking!
- Drop by tablespoon full onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Let sit on cookie sheet for at least 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
*Can also make giant cookies, ¼ cup in size. Place these about 4 inches apart and bake for 15 minutes.